2004-06-18

Lots of things...

Yeah. There are a whole bunch of things worth posting. Starting with the most significant...

1) Driving school! I'm FINALLY taking driving lessons, starting this Sunday. Obviously, I can't make it back to 'sauga this weekend :( (sorry Alan). It runs for 4 weeks, so basically I can't leave RicHill until the end of July. Now, to find a way to make effective use of all this free time...

2) My laptop doesn't have an audio-out port!!! How lame is that? While it has a digital S/PDIF-out port which is "better" (more advanced) than the traditional one, it obviously doesn't support analog devices. Which means only expensive digital devices can be used with it. Which means I can't use any of my speakers or headphones. Anyone know a solution to this problem which doesn't require the acquisition of huge audio systems?

3) Courses for the Fall term! In keeping with my tradition of indecisiveness, I'm going to take only the core Math courses and put off declaring a major for yet another term! Woo hoo! That's like, 4 more months to decide guy! But seriously, this does allow more time for weighing pros and cons, so I'll do just that. I think I've narrowed it down to anything but ActSci and Stats :P.

4) Last thing: hmm, I forgot what I was going to say. I'll just subjoin it to this post when I remember what it is...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

1) My parents want me to get my g2... I think I might start taking re-lessons again, some short refresher course..

2) Well, at futureshop they have a device ($30) that takes input from s-video or analog or something else and gives output to s-video or analog or something else - so it's like a converter. Maybe they have that for audio too...

3) I'm only taking 4 courses! I'm almost done, I think. Should be done after the winter...

4) Don'tcha hate it when that happens? Well, I guess you'll just have to update again soon ;)

Jason Yu said...

1) Yeah! Let's drive! w00t!
2) They don't have it :(. But I guess I'll look in RadioShack or some stores downtown...
3) Wow! Looking forward to graduation? \(^O^)/
4) I think I *really* forgot it! Or maybe it's just this weird feeling of *forgetting* something...