2004-06-22

The calm before the storm

There isn't much going on at work these days, but my supervisor tells me things are going to get rough soon. Ever since we (the development team) finished working on Japanese, we have pretty much been slacking off. In a week or two though, 8 (yes, eight!) new languages will come in and start kicking some developer ass. Boo yeah! (wait, I'm one of the developers...)

Anyways, on the first day of driving school the only things I learned were car noises and their associated problems. I can now diagnose things like car hiccups and gas problems. Great! :P. Actually, they were fairly hard to memorize. I don't think they sound the *same*, but when you hear too many of them, they start sounding very VERY similar. Like "screech!" and "screeech!" and "Screeeeche!". How am I going to pass the test this Sunday? Does anyone know if passing these tests actually matter?

3 comments:

Ambrose said...

I didn't take the English Driving School, went the Chinese way and went to "cop-out" Chinese Driving School. (i.e. they put 0 emphasis on theory and you pass like for sure, it's all about the road experience, which, I think is true)

Well, you'd want to pass the test so you can "graduate", but you don't need an Asian pass if that's what you're asking. =P

Theomnifish said...

You basically don't really need to pass the thinger. At Young Driver's, which is what I went to, you can keep taking the tests over and over again until you pass. Talk about pointless. :)

Jason Yu said...

LOL! A drunken examiner would be funny to see... "Heya sonny boy, dun' drink 'n drive eh? *hic*"