2004-06-01

Go

Recently I've become intrigued by the game of Go. I've played Chess and Chinese Chess before and in comparison, the rules of Go seem much more elegant. The name Go comes from igo (囲碁), the Japanese word for the game. A good site for learning about Go is Sensei's Library. I've tried playing against the computer with GNU Go and I got owned horribly :P. I say if you haven't given Go a try, go and try it out :).

Also, I'm going to make an effort to add only one space after a period instead of two. I was taught that adding two spaces is correct, but it looks like everyone is using only one. Meh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't played GO yet, but I watched an episode of an anime about it. I guess I should give it a try once I get the chance.

Theomnifish said...

I used to know how to play go too...learned off Yahoo, and a few friends of mine used to play too. I probably forgot most of it, but I'd like to learn again, since I remember it was pretty fun game. Me and Jeff Pak used to have this running joke that whenever one of us would say "Go." to the other, the other would have to reply, "Is a very good game." heh

They should make a game called Stop.

Jason Yu said...

Lol, a game called "Stop" would be hilarious :)