2006-11-12

Alan's Birthday Draft Decklist

Drafting hasn't been fun for me since Coldsnap was released. But today's draft was very fulfilling -- I drafted a "suspendful", interactive deck; it's fun to play. I should test it against my old decks...

16 Lands
9 Island
7 Mountain

14 Creatures
1 Giant Oyster
1 Stormcloud Djinn
2 Coral Trickster
1 Slipstream Serpent
2 Spiketail Drakeling
1 Brine Elemental
1 Viscerid Deepwalker
1 Errant Ephemeron
1 Crookclaw Transmuter
1 Greater Gargadon
1 Keldon Halberdier
1 Firemaw Kavu

10 Other spells
1 Fire Whip
1 Sudden Shock
1 Ignite Memories
1 Word of Seizing
2 Orcish Cannonade
1 Grapeshot
1 Clockspinning
1 Snapback
1 Foriysian Totem

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Greater Gargadon FTW! Although it's just a big creature, it has won me so many games. Has it done the same for you?

Ooh, that sounds like an interesting deck. Tell me how it does, because I haven't seen anyone use Stormcloud Djinn, Slipstream Serpent, Brine Elemental, Orcish Cannonade, and... some other cards.

Jason Yu said...

Slipstream Serpent is cool: You play it face-down, then attack (or block) and hiyah! them good. If they think it's a Coral Trickster they're in for a surprise. I guess Coral Trickster tricks people even when he's not played... =P

Unknown said...

I hear you're back in Sssaaauga. whatcha doing back so early? wanna come over and sleepover or something? heh.